Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Tank Man


Frontline is premiering a new documentary tonight called "The Tank Man," the story of the courageous man who risked death and stood in front of tanks approaching Tienanman Square in 1989.

It's worth watching, and shows the string of tragedies that have befallen China. Similar tragedies are--in subtler ways--happening in other countries as well. A populace that is stupified by wealth is quick to forget the atrocities it just lived through, and those that are currently happening just behind the glamour and lights.

They mentioned Shi Tao, and talked about Yahoo! at length. It reminds us why we should boycott Yahoo!

Let's not forget.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your website after watching Tank Man on Frontline and becoming very upset about Yahoo!, Cisco, and more in their illegal collusion with the Chinese secret police. I am going on a trip soon to China to learn about China's involvement in technology. As a student of technology and future business man, I will do my best to make sure I act ethically, not making use of Yahoo! Or Cisco products whenever possible.

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a french university teacher and I boycoot yahoo since an TV reportage on ARTE TV in europe.
As a teacher I will ecourage my students to boycoot YAHOO.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

Kind of off topic, but did they ever identify Tank Man?

12:26 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

They think they might have, but can't be sure. In either case, they couldn't find him.

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, they did in fact identify him. I can't remember his name, but i read it on a site. Try searching on the Internet, and you might find something out.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home