Monday, August 03, 2015

Long Overdue Good News

Shi Tao was released from prison in 2013,15 months earlier than his sentence would have allowed.

In the 10 years that I've been following this issue, Yahoo!'s revenue has grown only 2.9%. They've fallen from their role as a major internet player to a minor one. Still, I'd like to think that BooYahoo! and the myriad of other organizations who put pressure on Yahoo! for their actions has lead to modifications in not only Yahoo!'s policies, but has raised awareness of this issue among all similar organizations.

The internet has made the world a global community, and calls for a global application of ethical standards.

I wish Mr. Shi Tao a long and happy life. I wish he will never have to worry about what he says in an e-mail, but I know he will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home