How to Close your Yahoo! Account
This blog's author had his Yahoo! account for 10 years, and had multiple online memberships. I found it very easy to change my e-mail address on every membership I had.
Also, you may want to consider your use of Yahoo! Instant Messenger. You can easily set up a free IM account using another service. Your Previous Yahoo! IM contacts can still contact you using a hybrid IM service.(See our Comparable Services Link.)
Once you're ready to cancel your Yahoo account, follow these steps:
1. Log into the Yahoo! account you are going to cancel.
2. Click the "mail" link.
3. Click on "My Account" on the upper left.
4. You'll have to re-enter your password.
3. Click on "Edit/Create Profiles" on the right.
4. Scroll down and click on "Read our help pages."
5. In the field at the right, type "How do I close my account?"
6. Scroll down and click the account deletion link.
7. Type in your password at the bottom and click "Yes."
You're done! Thank you for participating.